Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Coffee Buzz


There are some who say coffee is a "no go," while others are comfortable with a double shot of espresso with extra foam with every meal. For me, I find myself somewhere in the middle. I have been drinking coffee 1-3 cups everyday since I was a junior in high school, about 8 years or so. When I first began I would load my coffee cup with sugar and creamer, one of the reasons why I had to lose 100 pounds. Once I saw the error in my ways I switched to black coffee, a quest that took some getting use to. With the introduction of the Splenda craze I found a new alternative. Since my college days my coffee flavorings have been going through phases. I know many people are anti-Splenda because it is "so bad, not natural, horrible creation." Well, I eat very healthy (see blog title) and I figure if God wants me dead then He is going to do it whenever He wants. So, my current favorite coffee craving is in the freezer.
Coffee Brain Freezer Smoothie:
  • 2 cups regular cold coffee
  • Splenda, too taste
  • 1 tbs. dark chocolate coco
  • ice cubes to desired thickness

Place all in a blender and blend to smoothie consistency and ENJOY!



No comments: