Thursday, September 24, 2009

Confession Time

Long time so talk everyone! I have been in denial for a while but the time to confess has come, I have gained 25 lbs since January. The weight has slowly but sometimes fastly gained on me. Since January my life has gone from one end of the spectrum to the next affecting every area of my life. I have always been an emotional eater as many people are but that aspect plus my decrease in exercise from last year has lead to my weight gain. As many of you know I have previously lost 100lbs and maintained the weight-loss for 2.5years. Based on my height and new weight, the time has come for me to lose a few of these pounds and put me back into my healthier lifestyle and perspective.

I slowly lost pieces of myself and heart since January and now the time has come to get it back. During the past 2 months I have begun to plan my next moves to go my own direction since my engagement was ended. I have been working as a nurse for almost 3 years in the Adult ICU and now Postpartum Mother-Baby. I have gone from one extreme to the next seeing and performing some amazing procedures in the areas of nursing. There are good days and bad days that never let me down. I have finally decided to go back to school to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. My passion is healthy and strong families in the community. So many diseases and conditions that are plaguing are healthcare system can easily be prevented by proper diet and exercise.

I am sooo EXCITED about this new adventure in my life. I plan to start next Spring 2010 or Fall 2010 then finish in 4 semesters. SO QUICK!! I have already taken my MAT, GRE and getting my application together. I get a huge smile on my face every time I think about this. So, long story short, I am going to begin losing weight and I then I am starting Graduate School.

No comments: