Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Long Road Still Leads Me On


Wow! What a difference a few, well 6 years makes. For those of you who do not know my background the pictures above say it all. I am the product of a 100 lb weight loss journey that I began, struggled with and over came during a four year period. The first picture above (me on the far left) was taken in Spring 2002 during my high school senior cruise to Mexico . At that time my weight was 235 lbs, and at 5'7" that is to much extra weight that I did not need to be carrying around. The second picture was taken in Spring 2008 on another cruise to Mexico with my parents. At that time my weight was 133 lbs which I had already been maintaining for 1.5 years.
It is so amazing yet surreal to examine these images side by side. It is not until now that I realize how heavy I actually was. For many people including myself we can be in denial about what are actual size is. The same goes for the second picture because at 133 lbs I thought I was at a good weight, even trying to lose a pound or two. According others and my Family Nurse Practitioner, I was to skinny and needed to gain a few pounds. Which I did, and feel 10X better.
I am just a girl who lost an INCREDIBLE amount of weight, on my own with no help from a company or personal trainer. Through my weight-loss journey I have found a love for running, a love that has developed into something more. Running has become apart of me while teaching and seeing me through so many different times of my life. For me, I am now trying to find a healthy balance of everything in life. It is all about moderation because the long road is still leading me on. It may one day be very flat while the next day has me up a huge hill teaching me to slow my pace and enjoy the scenery. All in all it's been a great ride so far and I cannot wait till tomorrow.


1 comment:

lecticiaschaydegger said...

BOM DIA, PASSANDO NOS PROXIMOS BLOGS ENCONTREI O TEU AMEI!!COMO AINDA NÃO TO MUITO POR DENTRO DE COMO SE MEXE AQUI NESTE BLOG, TO INDO SEMPRE NO PROXIMO COMO ESTÁ ESCRITO ACIMA DO BLOG, ACHEI O TEU SUPER LEGAL ENTÃO RESOLVI DEIXA UM CARINHO,O MEU É schaydeggerlecticia@hotmail.com
SERIA MUITO BOM TER VC NO MEU BLOG!UM MARAVILHOSO FDS ,FIQ COM DEUS
BJAUM! LECTICIA SCHAYDEGGER