Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lara, where have you been all my life?

Bars have received a bad reputation over the last few years but I am here to proclaim their greatness. The many new food revolutions and technologies over the years has created many new creations to tantalize your taste buds. I have my staple bars like Cliff and Kashi or Zone when I need some extra protein. In an effort to expand my foodie horizons I made a trip to Whole Foods and bought a few single samples of different types of bars. Big themes for many of the new types were vegan, raw, and green bars. Today's new taste test and by far my favorite was the Lara Bar- Pecan Pie. Just the right amount of nuts, fruit, sweetness, firmness, and chewy texture that was perfectly paired with my Golden Delicious apple. I was so pleased with it, I made a trip to Trader Joe's to buy a few new flavors.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Funny you mention this, because I didn't think that Larabars were all they were cracked up to be by the reviews people gave them, then I tried a few and I admitted I was wrong! My favorite flavors are cherry pie and cashew cookie.