Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Power-packed breakfast




I am sure that I have professed its greatness before but oatmeal is a very versatile food. The many combinations are endless and it's CHEAP! This mornings spread started with 2 great cups of Christopher's Winter Wonderland coffee with hot coco mixed in. I was able to slowly wake up, complete my daily devotion, and contemplate the many different options for the future. I have recently applied for 6 jobs all in Clinical Research Nursing with concentrations in different areas that range from cancer to asthma to HIV research. The jobs are with the University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of Florida in Jacksonville, Duke University in Durham, NC. My future is in God's control, a great feeling because He knows what is best for me.
After waking and allowing my hunger to guide my breakfast decisions I decided on a big bowl of oats. For those of you who are trying to lose weight, oatmeal is your friend. Here is this mornings concoction:
  • 1/2c. Quaker Oats
  • 1/2c. pumpkin
  • Cinnamon and splash of vanilla
  • 3/4c. egg whites cooked
  • Banana and PB on the side


No comments: