Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Planning Ahead

For those of you who do not know, I am nurse here in Atlanta, GA who has made it her mission since losing 100lbs. to live the most healthy life as possible. The motto goes with me and my work food. I refuse to give into the grab and go vending machines, pre-made hospital food, McDonald's located through the hospital. In order to do this I do lots of prep work to make and plan my food for the days I work. By doing this, it saves me time on the actual work days to devote myself to other things such as relaxing on the couch after a hard 12-hour shift. Here are 2 pictures of my menu scheduled for the next 2 days of work.
MENU
  • Breakfast- 2 Fiber One Chocolate pop tarts, banana
  • Snack- Orange
  • Lunch- Roast beef/Turkey with roasted red pepper hummus, tomato, and lettuce on Nature's Own organic whole wheat, carrots dipped in olive hummus, and steamed green beans
  • Snack- Weight Watcher's fat free vanilla yogurt topped with Feed Raisin Granola and orange
  • Dinner- Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, Red Delicious apple, Kashi Trail Mix granola bar
  • Snack- Banana dipped in 1 tablespoon of Smucker's Creamy peanut butter

No comments: