Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Lunching


To me, those pictures above are a thing of beauty. When I was 100lbs heavier, I would attempt to satisfy myself with unhealthy foods and materialistic things. Now, 100lbs lighter and so much healthier/happier, the pictures above give me such greater satisfaction than I ever knew I could feel. It has been a long journey, that God has lead me through for so many reasons that all add up to His Will. Not my will be done, but His Will be done. God has shown me that my body is a temple, a holding place for the Holy Spirit. What I put in it, will affect how I am able to function. I want to function in an effective way to be a worker for Him and his Glory. Without him, I am nothing, with Him I can do anything He needs.
Lunch
  • Nature's Organic Whole Wheat bread
  • Athenos roasted red pepper hummus
  • Turkey slices
  • Tomato
  • Broccoli sprouts
  • Public Greenwise baby spinach
  • Mustard
  • Baby carrots/Hummus
  • Steamed okra and brussel sprouts with Mrs. Dash garlic/tomato seasoning
Between my workout and delicious lunch I headed to Publix for some good shopping deals. I have learned if you plan ahead, read the weekly ads, you can save so much money. During this shopping trip I spent $63 but saved $23! All was done by stocking up on Publix buy 1 get 1 free specials.
Afternoon Snack
  • 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup organic butternut squash puree
  • 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate coco

All mixed together and topped with Kashi Sunshine, side of fresh cherries.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Great outlook. Sometimes when I feel like eating whatever because I 'want' to, I think of how it really will make me feel and if it'll help me be productive. More often than not, something nourishing but still good satisfies me more.