Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bittersweet Day

Well I told you that I would divulge later into details about my glooming day so here goes. After 2+ years of dating and 7 month engagement, my fiance and I have ended our relationship. There are so many emotions to feel right now yet really not knowing what to feel. The decision is something that has been slowing progressing for some time now but we were to afraid to face it nor did we want to give up hope for us. But in the past few weeks since deciding to postpone our relationship it became apparent to us that we no longer wanted to marry each other or even be in a relationship. Through our relationship we have dealt with some difficult life changes that caused stress and hurt feelings. It is from those hurt feelings and inability to overcome differences that we have decided to part ways.

The day is bittersweet because my heart breaks for the loss this relationship but my faith in God has taught me that through trials and tribulations we are made stronger through His strength as he carries us. I am being shown once again that "many are the plans in my heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." --Proverbs 19:21

No comments: