Sunday, August 2, 2009

Change of Plan






Last night I set my alarm for 5:00 am with good intentions as most of us do but sometimes you just never know how you are going to feel when you get up. As my loud radio went off I arose and immediately felt that my early morning run was out of the question. I felt tired and drained with dead legs, probably because I worked a 12 hour shift at the hospital yesterday. So instead I decided to have coffee and breakfast first in order to allow time for my body to wake up and decide what kind of workout it wanted. I used to always have the mindset of running running running as the best workout for my body. But I have found that a change of pace is always good and challenging for your body. So many times when I wake up my body seems to be telling me that a run is a no go for that day. For breakfast I had a staple combination that always keeps me going. I am a lover of toast so I topped 2 slices of 100% whole wheat with pumpkin, 2% cottage cheese and cinnamon. Paired with this is a chocolate monster smoothie that consists of 8th Continent light oringal soy milk, frozen blueberries/banana, dark coco powder, and Amazing Grass chocolate greens powder. Many of you are familar with the green monster smoothie craze which I am totally for but in the morning my love for chocolate always seems to arise. I guess it is the whole sweet/salty combination that I love so much. So I make my green monster smoothie with a chocolate twist to satisy my love rather obsession with chocolate. Yum Yum!

No comments: