Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fiesta Lunch

My hump day has started out well with an extra hour of sleep followed by a hearty breakfast. My waffle craving is still in gear so I whipped of some honey wheat waffles topped with egg whites with a banana slathered in white chocolate peanut butter. I waited almost 2 hours before heading to the gym for a nice sweat fest. I originally planned on hopping onto the elliptical but I could feel my legs craving a run. So I decided to jump on the treadmill at a slow pace and see what I could come up with. Well, 1 hour later I cranked out 6 miles! It felt so good and not too drain.


After the gym I headed home for a quick shower before my busy day began while also deciding what I was craving for lunch. I had some black and kidney beans that needed to be used but was craving cheese. So here is what I came up with: 3 rice cakes topped with beans and melted cheese, oh yum! I also added my fave sides of carrots with roasted red pepper hummus and a Fuji apple. Hopefully the protein/fiber will be enough to hold me over until I get home from my staff meeting at the hospital.

No comments: